650 Watt 8” Dual Concentric Powered Sound Reinforcement Loudspeaker with Integrated LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA Class-D Amplification
- Full range multi-purpose powered sound reinforcement loudspeaker for portable and installation applications
- 650 Watt power featuring LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA electronics Class-D amplification
- 8” Dual Concentric full range driver for point source phase coherence
- Tightly controlled 90º dispersion for optimum coverage and forward projection
- Ideal for FOH, floor monitor, delay and stage front fill applications
- Switchable full range or high pass filter operation
- Vented and internally braced plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Blanking plate for optional VTH pole mount
- Versatile mounting via optional custom designed hardware
- Fully balanced input and link output on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Neutrik* powerCON for a secure locking mains power connection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Conceived, engineered and built with precision in the United Kingdom, the VXP Series represents a brand new evolution in Tannoy’s core philosophies in self-powered loudspeaker design.
The Tannoy VXP 8 combines the technological refinement of the passive VX 8 with the brand new IDEEA™ integrated power module from Lab.gruppen. The result is a highly compact, ultra-reliable and efficient, self-powered loudspeaker offering a punchy and sonically superior solution for small-scale sound reinforcement and high performance speech reproduction where clarity and vocal character are paramount. The VXP 8 has also been acoustically matched with the wider range of VXP Series models, making it a perfectly capable component within much larger installations.
The perfectly matched integrated Lab.gruppen IDEEA (IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier) modules are designed to handle the demands of fixed installation audio, with the inherent extended duty cycles of around-the-clock operation and very high performance demands, while offering the durability, unmatched power output and clarity required by portable applications. To ensure a long and trouble-free service life, IDEEA modules incorporate extensive features to safeguard internal circuits and driver complement.
At the heart of the IDEEA module is a patented Class D output stage capable of high power levels with very low distortion and minimal current draw – all with a net operating efficiency in excess of 80%. A universal switching power supply accepts any mains voltage from 70 – 265 V (± 10%) at 50 Hz or 60 Hz through the appropriate IEC cord. In Auto mode, the speaker turns on with signal present and switches to standby mode after 20 minutes of no input, in doing so reducing power consumption to less than 1 W (while in standby). Manual control mode allows the speaker to be turned on and off as required. Also provided is a switchable 90 Hz high-pass filter for use when adding a subwoofer.
Audio connection is via female XLR and power via PowerCON (included) on the rear panel. The VXP 8 is available in black or white textured paint finish as standard, with matching grilles, and is also available in custom matched RAL colours as an option.
Now available to order as single units (previously only available in boxed pairs).