1,600 Watt 8” Dual Concentric Powered Sound Reinforcement Loudspeaker with Integrated LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA Class-D Amplification
- Full range multi-purpose powered sound reinforcement loudspeaker for portable and installation applications
- 1,600 Watt power featuring LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA electronics Class-D amplification
- 8” Dual Concentric full range driver for point source phase coherence
- Tightly controlled 90º dispersion for optimum coverage and forward projection
- Ideal for FOH, floor monitor, delay and stage front fill applications
- Switchable full range or high pass filter operation
- Vented and internally braced plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Blanking plate for optional VTH pole mount
- Versatile mounting via optional custom designed hardware
- Fully balanced input and link output on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Neutrik powerCON* for a secure locking mains power connection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VXP 8 may be one of the smaller Dual Concentric full range loudspeakers in the VXP range, but it boasts an exceptional performanceto-size ratio – plus includes LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA Class-D amplifi cation. VXP 8 provides a compact, yet punchy and sonically articulate solution for small-scale performance sound reinforcement, as well as more demanding background music and high-intelligibility speech applications where clarity and natural vocal reproduction are paramount. The VXP 8 is also ideally suited for use complimenting much larger systems, making it an excellent choice for both installed and portable applications.
Class-D – Massive Power, Perfect Sound
Equipped with a very efficient and lightweight LAB GRUPPEN IDEEA Class-D power amplifi er, the VXP 8 provides an impressive 1,600 Watts of output power in a highly portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplifi cation makes all the diff erence, off ering the ultimate in energy effi ciency and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and large heat sinks.
Dual Concentric Driver
The 1,600-Watt 200 mm (8") version of TANNOY’s VXP Series powered point source loudspeakers, VXP 8’s constant directivity Dual Concentric drive unit technology ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional effi ciency. VXP 8 delivers precise 90º dispersion for optimum coverage with exceptional forward gain.
VXP 8’s trapezoidal enclosure design provides a multitude of placement options including: small scale FOH, fl oor monitor, delay and stage front fi ll deployment, and more. A blanking plate for optional VTH pole mounting is provided for placement atop a subwoofer in small-scale portable PA applications. An extensive range of optional high performance steel mounting hardware (available separately) includes a horizontal yoke bracket, and Omnimount* spaced inserts for wall and ceiling installation. All hardware has been tested and certifi ed for a greater than 5:1 safety ratio – giving installers complete peace of mind.
Finished in a hard wearing semi matt black paint, the vented and internally braced cabinet is constructed from 15 mm (5⁄8") plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille. The rear panel connector plate carries a switch for selecting between full range (FR) or high pass fi lter (HPF) operation, and fully balanced input and link output on Neutrik* XLR connectors for input and link connections to additional powered enclosures. A secure locking Neutrik powerCON* connector delivers mains power to the electronics, with a selection switch for either manual (MAN) or auto (AUTO) operation. VXP 8 loudspeakers are optimized for use LAKE LM Series controllers, and a full range of DSP settings to suit many confi gurations is available for free download at tannoy.com.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.