Twin 18" Direct Radiating Passive Subwoofer for Portable and Installation Applications
- Large scale direct radiating subwoofer for portable and installation applications
- 2,000 Watts continuous, 8,000 Watts peak power
- Twin 18" drivers for extended low frequency response to 30 Hz
- Low distortion dual port design for maximum sound pressure levels
- Ideal for foreground music playback in clubs, bars, theatres and AV applications
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with a hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- Handles ergonomically integrated into sides of the cabinet
- Neutrik* speakON NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VS 218DR is a versatile, no compromise, all-purpose subwoofer designed for the most demanding professional applications. Extending the frequency response of any system to below 30 Hz makes the VS 218DR ideal for low frequency effects in high energy clubs, large corporate AV systems, stadiums, live concert halls, theatres, movie theatres and cinemas, large houses of worship and open-air venues.
This loudspeaker is capable of delivering deep and powerful bass at high sound pressure levels with extremely low distortion and power compression, while all the time maintaining a uniform frequency response throughout its dynamic range. The large port areas ensure minimal turbulence even at high output levels.
With easy rigging and portability in mind the VS 218DR is equipped with 16 unobtrusive recessed carrying handles whilst 16 x 10 mm flying inserts provide a secure flying system. The cabinet is also fitted with 4 pullback points; and 4 rubber feet are provided to facilitate stacking.
The VS 218DR consists of twin 458 mm (18”) high efficiency drive units producing 106 dB/W, with a 100 mm (4”) voice coil. The twin drivers are mounted in an immensely robust 500 litre cabinet constructed from 18 mm (5/8”) multi-ply birch hardwood and is available in a black or white textured paint finish as standard. The heavy-duty construction ensures it is able to survive the punishment that speaker systems are subjected to on the road and in club installations.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components.Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.