15" Direct Radiating Passive Sub/Mid-bass loudspeaker for High Performance Installation Applications
- Trapezoidal direct radiating Sub/Mid-bass loudspeaker for high performance installation applications
- 1,000 Watts continuous, 4,000 Watts peak power
- 15" driver for extended low frequency response to 50 Hz
- Modular design for versatile and compact cluster configurations to match VQ series loudspeakers
- Low distortion dual port design for maximum sound pressure levels
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with a hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- Handles ergonomically integrated into sides of the cabinet
- Optional vertical flyware with 10:1 safety ratio (available separately)
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VS 15DR satisfies a specific requirement for applications where an installed VQ Series system needs to deliver more low-frequency response than is possible with simply the 2 x 12” LF element of a full range VQ Series enclosure on its own, or by using VQ MB devices within a modular system. Examples of such applications would be small-scale school or performance art theatres or auditoria where the clarity and headroom of a VQ system may be desired without needing to be driven to such an extent that large scale subwoofers would be suitable.
A single direct radiating 15” low frequency transducer offers high power handling and extended low frequency response down to 50 Hz, providing substantially more bottom end output than the existing VQ MB (mid-bass) with relative efficiency (100 db 1 W @ 1m) and with a sustained output of 130 db. The VS 15DR shares the same modular enclosure format as the other VQ Series modules including the VQ MH, allowing the systems designer to create tightly packed arrays or clusters including the use of multiple bass devices for improved vertical pattern control at low frequencies.
The VS 15DR is part of an expanding line up of VQ Series products, addressing the requirement for compact dimensions without compromising performance in any way.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components.Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.