2 Way Down-Firing Dual Concentric Mid-High Loudspeaker for High Performance Installation Applications
- 2 way down-firing mid-high loudspeaker for high performance installation applications
- 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak power
- Dual Concentric 3.5" and 1.75" diaphragm compression drivers for mid and high frequency reproduction
- Patented PSW waveguide technology provides acoustic centre alignment for coherent wavefront horn throat
- Phase coherent point source provides exceptional transient response and dispersion control
- Provides even coverage to areas immediately below main flown loudspeakers
- 80° x 50° dispersion allows installation of tightly packed point-source clusters
- Precise time alignment eliminates interference from multiple driver sources
- User configurable for passive and bi-amp operation
- Extremely high efficiency design provides high SPL for modest power input
- Modular design for versatile and compact cluster configurations
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 2 handles ergonomically integrated into cabinet
- Optional vertical flyware with 10:1 safety ratio (available separately)
- speakON NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VQ 85DF (Down Firing) Mid/High loudspeaker is designed to seamlessly integrate with the VQ full range and VQ MB loudspeakers and match their exact footprint. The down firing configuration allows the VQ 85DF to be tight packed without the need for any complex fly-ware. With a coverage pattern of 80 x 50 degrees, the VQ 85DF will provide even coverage to the areas immediately below the main flown loudspeakers. For full range use the VQ 85DF can also be used along with the VQ MB.
The VQ 85DF can be configured for use in Single or Bi-Amp mode, in conjunction with a suitable digital signal processor (DSP).
The modular design approach allows the sound system designer to create seamless and predictable arrays, or they can be used singly as part of large distributed systems. The VQ 85DF addresses the requirement for compact dimensions without compromising performance in any way.
VQ MH elements, which are available in various patterns, will integrate seamlessly with the VQ 85DF enclosures to facilitate tight packed arrays; the compound angles on the enclosure avoid unsightly spaces between separate cabinets when arrayed horizontally. VQ MB or VS 15DR elements can be added to extend bandwidth and pattern control to lower frequencies.
The VQ 85DF incorporates a unique driver technology to radiate a coherent single point source for superior dispersion control when coupled to a PSW™ (Point Source Waveguide). This advanced design aligns the acoustical centres of the transducers providing a single coherent wavefront emanating from the throat. The PSW™ waveguide achieves an optimum balance of extremely well controlled coverage, smooth frequency response, and natural sound character.
For outdoor applications, weather resistant enclosures which incorporate stainless steel hardware are available.