2 Way Dual Concentric Mid-High Large Format Loudspeaker for High Performance Installation Applications
- 2 way mid-high large format loudspeaker for high performance installation applications
- 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak power
- Dual Concentric 3.5" and 1.75" diaphragm compression drivers for mid and high frequency reproduction
- Patented PSW waveguide technology provides acoustic centre alignment for coherent wavefront at horn throat
- Phase coherent point source provides exceptional transient response and dispersion control
- 60° x 40° dispersion allows installation of tightly packed point-source clusters
- Precise time alignment eliminates interference from multiple driver sources
- User configurable for passive and bi-amp operation
- Extremely high efficiency design provides high SPL for modest power input
- Modular design for versatile and compact cluster configurations
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 2 handles ergonomically integrated into cabinet
- Optional vertical flyware with 10:1 safety ratio (available separately)
- speakON NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The modular design approach of the VQ 64MH allows the system designer to create seamless and very predictable arrays which are ‘tight packed’ to avoid any unsightly spaces between cabinets; or they can be used singly as part of large distributed systems. The VQ 64MH addresses this requirement for compact dimensions without compromising performance in any way.
With the addition of these new VQ products it is now possible to design and install arrayed configurations comprising of multiple MH (mid-high) horns, along with bass enclosures and down-firing elements – ideal for applications such as large sports arenas and stadia.
The VQ 64MH can be configured for use in Single-Amp or Bi-Amp mode, in conjunction with a suitable digital signal processor (DSP).
Our unique approach in keeping what is effectively a Dual Concentric behind a single horn gives us many performance advantages. Performance of the VQ 64MH in terms of accuracy and sound quality is second to none. The VQ horn design principles provide definitive and measurable advantages over multiple-horn and co-axial designs.
The VQ 64MH incorporates a unique driver technology to radiate a coherent single point source for superior dispersion control when coupled to a PSW™ (Point Source Waveguide). This advanced design aligns the acoustical centres of the transducers providing a single coherent wavefront emanating from the throat. The PSW™ waveguide achieves an optimum balance of extremely well controlled coverage, smooth frequency response, and natural sound character.
For outdoor applications, weather resistant enclosures which incorporate stainless steel hardware are available.