2 Way Down-Firing Dual Concentric Mid-High Loudspeaker for High Performance Installation Applications
- 2 way down-firing mid-high loudspeaker for high performance installation applications
- 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak power
- Dual Concentric 3.5" and 1.75" diaphragm compression drivers for mid and high frequency reproduction
- Patented PSW waveguide technology provides acoustic centre alignment for coherent wavefront at horn throat
- Phase coherent point source provides exceptional transient response and dispersion control
- Provides even coverage to areas immediately below main flown loudspeakers
- 60° x 40° dispersion allows installation of tightly packed point-source clusters
- Precise time alignment eliminates interference from multiple driver sources
- User configurable for passive and bi-amp operation
- Extremely high efficiency design provides high SPL for modest power input
- Modular design for versatile and compact cluster configurations
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 2 handles ergonomically integrated into cabinet
- Optional vertical flyware with 10:1 safety ratio (available separately)
- speakON NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The down firing configuration allows the VQ 64DF to be tightly packed without the need for any complex fly-ware. With a 60 x 40 degree coverage pattern, the VQ 64DF will provide even, highly controlled coverage to the areas immediately below the main flown loudspeakers. For full range use the VQ 64DF can also be used along with the VQ MB or VS 15DR.
The VQ 64DF can be configured for use in Single or Bi-Amp mode, in conjunction with a suitable digital signal processor (DSP).
Our unique approach in keeping what is effectively a Dual Concentric behind a single horn gives us many performance advantages. Performance of the VQ 64DF in terms of accuracy and sound quality is second to none. The VQ horn design principles provide definitive and measurable advantages over multiple-horn and co-axial designs. Each VQ 64DF incorporates a unique driver technology to radiate a coherent single point source for superior dispersion control when coupled to a PSW™ (Point Source Waveguide). This advanced design aligns the acoustical centres of the transducers providing a single coherent wavefront emanating from the throat. The PSW™ waveguide achieves an optimum balance of extremely well controlled coverage, smooth frequency response, and natural sound character.
For outdoor applications, weather resistant enclosures which incorporate stainless steel hardware are available.