5000 Watt Twin 15" Powered Networked Subwoofer with Integrated Digital Signal Processing for Touring and Installation Applications
- Large scale horn loaded subwoofer for touring and installation applications
- 5,000 Watt Class-D power amplifier with integrated digital signal processing
- Twin 15" drivers for extended low frequency response to 40 Hz
- Extremely efficient horn design for maximum sound pressure levels
- VNET interface for network control, diagnostics and monitoring
- Ideal for foreground music playback in clubs, bars, theatres and AV applications
- Internally braced birch plywood enclosure
- Finished with a hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- Handles ergonomically integrated into sides of the cabinet
- Fully balanced input and link output on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Neutrik etherCON* connectors for network input and link output
- Neutrik powerCON* for a secure locking mains power connection
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The VNET 215HL consists of twin 380 mm (15.00”), high efficiency drive units producing 109 dB/W, with a 100 mm (4.00”) voice coil and triple aluminium demodulating rings for ultra low distortion. The twin drivers are mounted in an immensely robust cabinet, available in either black or white, which is constructed from 18 mm (5/8”) multi-ply birch hardwood.
Extending the frequency response of the system down to 40 Hz makes the VNET 215HL ideal for effects in live music performances in a multitude of environments including open-air, arena and theatres as well as large dance club and concert sound applications. This subwoofer is capable of delivering deep and powerful bass at high sound pressure levels with extremely low distortion and power compression, while all the time maintaining a uniform frequency response throughout its dynamic range, and will also supplement any audio system requiring extremely high output levels.
This unique hybrid design blends the performance of a bent horn, providing high levels of tight and punchy bass, with the added benefit of utilizing the volume behind the horn in conjunction with slotted reflex ports to add significant depth, scale and presence not normally associated with horn loaded designs. This no compromise subwoofer is appropriate for the most demanding of professional applications; ideal for large scale high energy clubs, large corporate AV systems, stadiums, live concert halls, theatres, movie theatres and cinemas, large houses of worship, and open-air venues.
The extremely efficient horn design allows it to be used on its own or in multiple configurations. Multiple enclosures will couple acoustically, and when mirror imaged create a single, larger horn that increases output and provides additional directivity to very low frequencies. With easy rigging and portability in mind the VNET 215HL is equipped with 14 x unobtrusive recessed carrying handles whilst 16 x 10 mm flying inserts provide a secure flying system. The cabinet is also fitted with 4 x pullback points; and 4 x rubber feet are provided to facilitate ground stacking.
The modular approach of amplifiers, processing, monitoring and drivers designed into each VNET 215HL enables acoustic optimization for the subwoofer to perform as a unified whole. The intuitive VNET™ software, integrated processing, tuning control, performance diagnostics and protection produces an easy to deploy, exceptionally high performance networkable subwoofer.
VNET NETWORKED DSP
Tannoy's proprietary VNET loudspeaker networking platform comprises both software and hardware DSP components for complete loudspeaker system diagnostics and monitoring.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components.Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.