Digitally Steerable Powered Column Array Loudspeaker with 8 Independently Controlled Drivers, Integrated DSP and BeamEngine GUI Control for Installation Applications
- Digitally steerable column array speaker system provides extremely high intelligible speech and music reinforcement
- Class leading ±70° steering control with 8 channels of integrated DSP and amplification
- Intuitive BeamEngine GUI for asymmetric pattern creation and even near and far field SPL coverage
- Ideal for the most challenging acoustic environments due to extended frequency range steering control
- 8 4" full range drivers with individual 100 Watt Class D amplifiers and integrated cutting edge DSP
- For installation applications with coverage distances up to 20 m (66')
- High density array of transducers with proportional frequency spacing prevents aliasing artefacts
- Fully integrated amplified speaker system connects to other TANNOY VNET enabled products
- Accessory options for constant voltage systems, Audinate Dante* digital audio networks, Ethernet control, and AES3 break in interface
- AES3 input and link connections on RJ-45 connectors with internal sample rate conversion up to 96 kHz
- Fully PA/VA compliant
- Architecturally styled aluminium enclosure with a semi matt white painted finish
- Corrosion resistant aluminium perforated grille
- Included custom brackets allow quick and accurate installation
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The QFLEX 8 is a powered, digitally steerable multi-channel, column array loudspeaker designed as a complete solution for installed applications with challenging acoustics, such as houses of worship, transportation hubs, convention centres, conference facilities, shopping malls, performing arts centres and museums. The heart of the system is our proprietary VNET loudspeaker networking platform, which comprises both software and hardware DSP components that produce extremely-high speech intelligibility, impactful music reinforcement, and complete loudspeaker system diagnostics and monitoring.
While many competing steerable arrays allow only a modest steering range across specifi c frequencies, the QFLEX 8 has a class leading ±70° steering control, plus 8 channels of integrated DSP and amplification for consistent and highly intelligible full-range voice and music applications.
A Revolution in Sound Technology
The first digitally steerable column array loudspeaker of its kind, QFLEX 8’s revolutionary BeamEngine technology steers the the full-range sound away from surfaces that cause reflections. The intuitive BeamEngine GUI allows the designer to specify target areas. Rather than only providing a limited palette of opening and steering angles, the BeamEngine GUI generates a steering algorithm that is tailored for that specific area. The resulting asymmetrical pattern delivers similar sound pressure levels (SPL) in both the near and far field for superb coverage and intelligibility – all in a very aesthetically-pleasing package.
Drivers, Power & DSP
The QFLEX 8 column array loudspeaker comprises eight 4" full-range drivers, each with its own dedication 100-Watt Class D amplifier. QFLEX 8’s drivers provide digitally-steerable coverage for distances up to 20 m (66'). A robust internal DSP engine works seamlessly with the proprietary VNET and BeamEngine software, both of which are available for free download here.
Designed to provide premium-grade performance as a standalone self-powered column array, QFLEX 8 is also an exceptional choice for multiple-column configurations consisting of other TANNOY VNET enabled products. Implementation of the network between nodes is via high-quality rugged Neutrik Ethercon connectors, which are compatible with standard RJ45 plugs, and CAT5 cable. Each speaker has a unique address for auto-location on the network.
You Are Covered
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.