Digitally Steerable Powered Column Array Loudspeaker with 32 Independently Controlled Drivers, Integrated DSP and BeamEngine GUI Control for Life Safety Installation Applications (Weather Protected)
- Digitally steerable column array speaker system provides high intelligibility speech reproduction
- 16 4" low frequency drivers, 8 3" low frequency drivers and 8 1" high frequency drivers with individual 100 Watt Class D amplifiers
- Class leading ±70° steering control with 32 channels of integrated DSP and amplification
- Intuitive BeamEngine GUI for asymmetric pattern creation and even near and far field SPL coverage
- High density array of transducers with proportional frequency spacing prevents aliasing artefacts
- Ideal for the most challenging acoustic environments due to extended frequency range steering control
- For life safety installation applications with coverage distances up to 65 m (213')
- PA/VA compliant to BS 5839
- Fully integrated amplified speaker system connects to other TANNOY products via VNET
- Input accessory options for constant voltage systems and Audinate Dante* digital audio networks
- All components weather and dust resistant to IP54
- Architecturally styled aluminium enclosure with a semi matt white painted finish
- Corrosion resistant aluminium perforated grille
- Included custom brackets allow quick and accurate installation
- AES3 input and link connections on RJ-45 connectors with internal sample rate conversion up to 96 kHz
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Tannoy has developed the QFlex Life Safety (LS) models as a cost effective solution for critical, life safety applications, a solution that balances complex power consumption needs with the high performance and intelligibility that is the core of the proven QFlex range. Based on Tannoy’s superior knowledge and heritage of speech intelligibility in critical listening in difficult acoustic environments, the new models have an optimised driver placement and improved current draw, making them perfect for applications where emergency voice alarms or communications may be required.
The QFlex 32LS column loudspeakers are designed primarily for large transportation hubs as part of a PA/VA system where speech is the main audio source, either from live announcements or via pre-recorded message. These new QFlex life safety models are specifically intended to optimise voice reinforcement, and as a result make them more affordable, and therefore applicable, to a wider range of projects.
The QFlex 32LS contains a combination of 4-inch and 3-inch low frequency drivers, distributed over the equivalent length of the QFlex 48, and an eight-way tweeter array of 1-inch drivers. Each driver is individually powered by one of 32 discrete channels of integrated 100 Watt (RMS) Class D amplification and DSP.
The QFlex 32LS offers a horizontal dispersion pattern of 120 degrees and a vertical range of between 5 and 100 degrees, along with a beam steering range of ±70 degrees. Low frequency control is effective down to 200 Hz even with the fewer number and increased spread of drivers that are required for the power saving essential in the life safety environment.
A new member of the 3rd generation sarc digital signal processors is used to perform sophisticated processing for all QFlex's sixteen channels.
QFLEX POWER MODULE
Each QFlex module incorporates 8 or 16 channels of high performance amplification.
SENTINEL SM1 SYSTEM MONITOR
The optional standalone sentinel SM1 system monitor provides complete system-wide fault monitoring and reporting for mission-critical applications.
The Windows based BeamEngine GUI generates beam steering algorithms for precise audience coverage.
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.