12" Ceiling Subwoofer for Installation Applications
- High power ceiling subwoofer for installation applications
- 400 Watts continuous, 1,600 Watts peak power
- 12” driver with copper sandwich voice coil for low power compression
- Magnetic circuit with triple aluminium demodulating rings for ultra-low distortion
- Provides low frequency reinforcement for class-leading TANNOY CMS 3.0 range
- For use with CMS 1201SW back can and CMS 1201 grille assembly (available separately)
- Back can fixings allow multiple installation options
- Time-saving design enables one person speaker installation
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The CMS 1201SW is intended for systems utilizing an external active crossover and separate amplifier channel for the subwoofer loudspeaker(s).
From the pioneers of point source and large format ceiling speakers the CMS 1201SW is engineered from the ground up with superior full-range performance in mind to handle demanding distributed sound applications such as ballrooms, shopping malls, sports halls, airports, and other high ceiling installations. The CMS 1201SW features a high power handling 12” (300 mm) bass driver featuring a 3” Copper Sandwich Voice Coil for low Power Compression and Triple Aluminum demodulating Rings for ultra-low Distortion. Tannoy has again raised the bar to give the absolute cutting edge performance in ceiling mounted loudspeaker technology.
The custom engineered powder coated steel back-can has been designed to cater for all conceivable installation possibilities making the CMS 1201SW extremely versatile. The internally dampened 79 litre (2.8 cubic feet) back-can provides exceptional LF performance on a par with conventional wooden enclosure loudspeakers. Steel mounting lugs allow for fitting to a Unistrut roof rail system or it can be hung via 4 top-mounted eye bolts. Alternatively, the design caters for a single point hang via M10 or 3/8 UNC screwed rod. Mounting of the loudspeaker assembly to the preinstalled back-can is a one-man job thanks to the common sense design approach. One edge of the baffle clips onto the steel box to hold it in place while the installer secures the assembly in place. Connection is simple via terminal barrier strips inside the can, easily accessible via 20 mm and 29 mm conduit knockouts on all 5 sides of the can. The CMS 1201SW is available in both standard low-Z variant (CMS 1201SW) and 150 W line transformer-equipped version (CMS 1201SWT) for use on 70 V or 100 V distributed lines.
*Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.